[LMB] Re: OT: Sex and Captain Jack and the themes of Torchwood

John Campbell Rees jwcr at gardd-lelog.org.uk
Fri Dec 22 01:08:41 GMT 2006

I am replying to email message
<20061219142557.73709.qmail at web88307.mail.re4.yahoo.com>,
 in which you wrote:

> Ah! Now I understand the question.  Rumour is that
> Steven Moffatt and Russell T. Davies are working on a
> script about 'the origins of Captain Jack' - that
> might imply a young Jack.  Or not.

Episode 12 of "Torchwood" is called "Captain Jack Harkness and
features ("Torchwood Spoilers)

Tosh and Jack going back in time to 1941.  "Everything Changes" stated
that the events of "The Empty Child" took place on the night of 19th
January, 1941, as Jack failed to report for duty on 01-20-41.  So, if
this episode is set before 01-19-41 we might see an earlier version of
Capt. Jack, who is still a con-man.

--
"Like shooting flies with  a laser cannon, the aims a bit tricky, but
 it certainly deals with the flies."     -     Lord Miles Vorkosigan.
To read my Web Log visit http://www.gardd-lelog.org.uk