[LMB] Re: OT: Misc. gender issues - P.S.

anmar mirza anmar.mirza at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 19:44:15 GMT 2006

On 12/22/06, Marna Nightingale <marna at marna.ca> wrote:

> Fair enough. I continue to have a quirk about hating discussions about
> how many ugly wome- *coff* people there are walking the streets and
> going swimming and wearing clothes they like and OMG it's all VILE.

I have a quirk about people who have a problem with ugly people
displaying themselves.  I've been a nudist most of my adult life and
I freely admit there are people's bodies I much prefer to look at (men
or women), clothed or unclothed, but if I find someone unaesthetic then
it's my job to look away, particularly in a setting where an "attractive"
person would be "acceptable" to be dressed (or undressed) in that
manner.

But then, when I lived in town and the neighborhood association decided
they didn't like my lawn because there were weeds in it (plantain,
dandelions,
clover, etc. IOW a healthy community of plants), I really started developing
a real dislike for other people imposing their aesthetic preferences on me
and utlizing force of law (in this case city ordinance) to enforce it.

Now I live out in the middle of nowhere and can have whatever lawn
I want and run around naked all day when I choose and if anyone has
a problem with it they are invited to leave :)  And my friends and
acquaintences all know that if they want to wander around here
fully, semi, or not at all clothed, they are welcome to and no one will
make derogatory commentary.

And I leave discussion of my aesthetic preferences to audiences who
aren't upset by it.