[LMB] (no subject)

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Wed Dec 27 00:06:59 GMT 2006

on Tue, 26 Dec 2006 Beth Mitcham wrote:
On 12/26/06, Kalina Varbanova <kikibug13 at gmail.com<about:blank>> wrote:

> > > But then, she's proved to be an asset by not losing her wits before
> > > the malice. I would think that whether Fawn goes with Dag on patrol
> > > depends a lot on Dag's influence...
>
> > Asset is a bit strong here -- she didn't lose her wits, but there was a lot
> > of luck involved.  A Lakewalker would have killed the malice seconds sooner
> > than Fawn since there would have been no fussing with the wrong knife.
>
> > Fawn can't patrol, which needs groundsense.  She'd just be along for the
> > ride.  I don't think Dag would want to risk her or his companions.  Maybe
> > she could come along and just cook or cheer them on, but that would be a
> > hard social role for her -- Dag's bed warmer?  Camp mascot?

Dag wasn't happy with it but he allowed farmers to go on a patrol if only to hold the horses. The actual "Patrolling" requires groundsense, but there is a lot to do in a camp that doesn't. cooking and cleaning don't begin to cover the many tasks that need to be done in a wilderness camp. I'm sure that groundsense only helps in minor ways. Keeping Dag sane and non-suicidal would help as well.

Bill Wenrich
Some minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.