[LMB] OT: Mundane/fen body language (long)

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Wed Dec 27 20:10:46 GMT 2006

PAT MATHEWS wrote:

>There's a joke I heard about the tourist who was boning up on Hawaiian
>pronunciation and was doing very well until his instructor pointed to a sign
>and said "And what does that say?"
>
>The tourist answered "Peep-a-leen-a."
>
>The instructor grinned. "Pipeline," he corrected. The sign had been in
>English.

Especially funny as Hawaiian is spelled phonetically. I, also had the problem with hyperbole.  A couple of years ago I was reading a SF story that mentioned a plasmathread rifle. I read that as plas/math/read instead of the more reasonable plasma/thread.

Bill Wenrich
Some minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.