[LMB] Re: Not so very "ball-ish", no... (OT:)

Kirsten Edwards carbonelle at juno.com
Wed Jan 25 22:56:40 GMT 2006

Margaret Dean sums up the kerfluffle on "no
art" (or "no good art," or "no challenging
art," pretty well:)

"Yes, actually Tolkien has quite a lot to say
about art.  He just doesn't happen to foreground
it in LotR."

I couldn't help but recall the immortal lines
of Mr. Darcy, to Miss Caro. Bingley's rationalist
objections:

"I dare say, but it would not be near so much
like an heroic epic."

Kirsten (g,d,&r)
"Infantem dormientem non movere"