[LMB] Herbs OT:

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 02:06:46 GMT 2006

--- "James M. BRYANT, G4CLF"
<jbryant at lunainternet.net> wrote:

> Countryboy is growing herbs:-
>
>  >Oregano, Cilantro, Chives, and Sage.
>  >If this works out I'll expand.
>
> You may need a panga to keep the
> chives under control. They'll
> overrun a garden in a couple of
> seasons.

Back when I was a teenager, I used to grow herbs in
pots on my parents' back verandah (handy for the
kitchen).  Oddly, the chives were the hardest to keep
alive!  I couldn't harvest them more than two-three
times every six-eight weeks.  The mint was okay but
the *real* guerilla herb was, believe it or not, the
coriander!  *Nothing* killed that plant.

Except of course six weeks of no water after I moved
out.  (I left them in my parents' care and my dad has
no memory.)  Still, it lasted the longest of all of
them.

That's the one thing I really wish I had room for - an
herb stand.  Countryboy, I envy you!

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/windtear
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

"It 'went away'?  'I dwell in darkness without you'
and it WENT AWAY?"
  -- Sorcha, 'Willow'