[LMB] What is wrong with Thomas Covenant books OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Wed Jul 12 14:05:41 BST 2006

Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan wrote:

> I agree now.  But I read the Covenant books because of a Boy*.

You know, that may be the other common factor here.

Show of hands?

*puts her own up*

I read them because of a Boy too. (I also read Conrad because of the
same Boy. I do, IOW, remember which one. Also he introduced me to
Estwings, darts, and hard cider, so, you know, I forgive him.)

There is probably no situation more conducive to developing a deep
searing loathing of Donaldson than having a gentleman with whom one is
romantically involved shove them at you swearing that the stuff is the
greatest thing since sliced bread and then running into THAT SCENE.

Marna.