[LMB] (Chat) Foxes! OT:

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 19:02:20 BST 2006

In a message dated 7/19/2006 12:15:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
paal at gis.net writes:

On my  previous laptop I have a picture of "Hugo the bobcat" who the owner
took  home thinking that the reral but friendly cat hanging around a 7-11
that  the owner wanted gone, was a felis domesticus.  He took it to the vet
for a checkup and the vet disabused him of his assumption.  The cat  looks
like a large, somewhat oddly-shaped overgrown housecat with   stumpy tail.

M:

I've heard of several people doing that.  The only bobcats I was  personally
acquainted with were the ones belonging to a cousin of my  mother's and to
some friends in my home town, and they were correctly  identified from the time
they were acquired.  Both were cuddly,  affectionate pets hard to tell from
Felis domestica except for their larger size  and short tails.  One of my
childhood pets was a halfbreed bobcat/domestic  cat, and he was so placid I could set
up dollhouse furniture on his belly and  pretend he was a rug, while he
watched with mild interest.  That poor  animal also submitted to being dressed in
baby clothes (he was too big for doll  clothes) and being wheeled around in a
baby carriage. I think I was about nine  or ten at the time.

Mary