[LMB] Re: OT: Pirates of the Carribean 2

Jessy Brody jessybrody at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 00:29:07 BST 2006

> Richard Macdonald wrote:
>
> > I know how she could have distracted them,
> > but that would have blown the movies rating.
>
> Marna:
> > Sadly, they weren't consulting your sick little fantasies OR mine when
> > they wrote this script. :)

Jessy (me):
> *Definitely* not mine, that's for sure, since I don't think Jack and
> Beckett ever met face to face in the movie, much less [censored].

widdy:
>Now, THAT would have made it a much better movie!!!

Oh, but didn't you catch that bit where Beckett said that he had left
a mark on Jack (which we saw; a branded 'P' on his hand), and then
that Jack had left a mark on him, and that *Beckett was looking angsty
while he said that*. I think the conclusion we are meant to draw is
obvious ; )

And I'm thinking a slashtastic prequel, myself ; ) Or maybe a
denouement in which both decide to stuff all *that* for a game of toy
soldiers, and go off together to some place where a power struggle
isn't taking place.

But really, I do think the Jack/Beckett opposition is interesting, and
I think they're my favorite characters in the movie, and I would love
to see an exchange of words, if nothing else.

JLB
--
Welcome to Triage -Kurt Vonnegut
He was never noisy and lacked the dogmatism of the insecure -written