[LMB] Re: OT: Connie Willis

Jessy Brody jessybrody at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 02:22:33 BST 2006

--- Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com> wrote:
> > Connie Willis' solo work.
>
> Haven't read it. Will do. One day.

Barbara:
> I couldn't get into To Say Nothing of the Dog, but I found The
> Domesday Book poignant and exhilirating.

> For the "archaeologists need time travel discussion" -- that's the
> book.

The only one I read by her, and I really really enjoyed it, but it was
more than a downer, it was positively *sad*.

And archaeologists, historians etc. *do* need time travel, because
what they can know is materially limited as it is. But time travel
would raise a whole host of difficult questions, which would give
everyone involved headaches.

JLB
--
omnivorously at lj