[LMB] HH chapter 6

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:15:24 GMT 2006

As it seems ch 6 is very little touched on as yet, I will resume here.

On 3/15/06, Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com > wrote:

> Chapter 6: In which Ingrey contemplates his plight and his
> exorcism-hangover, has a quiet conversation with  Ijada in the church in
> which she refuses to run away with him, and we see him through Rider Gesca's
> eyes.

On coming back, it's a perfect "can't go on as before any longer" chapter.
Because of his injuries, Ingrey cannot lead the procession of Boleso's body
at the same speed as he did. Because of Ijada's comments, he cannot stop
reevaluating Hallana (and Ijada's situation). Because of Hallana's marrying
Oswin, Ijada cannot keep looking at the world with the same attitude as she
did before (I think the moment that this piece of news shook her is one of
the insights on Ijada, rare as they are). Because of Ingrey's comments,
Ijada cannot keep her innocent idealized view of Easthome. Because of
Ijada's attack (How convenient for you), Ingrey must reassess his part in
the story. Because of Gesca's comment, Ingrey cannot avoid starting to doubt
him, just a little.

Also, I grinned and giggled a few times - on Ingrey's grin (? sorry, am
reading in translation) that makes others make way for him, on Ingrey's
falling asleep in the temple and Ijada nagging him at it, at her comment on
"those poor chains"....

:)

Kalina

--
All religions are a single communion. The spectrum remains unbroken within
the Golden Path. It is only that humans see first one part and then another.