[LMB] HH chapter 15

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Tue May 2 15:42:26 BST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:01:08PM -0400, yadler at thejnet.com wrote:
> >On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 06:18:39PM -0400, yadler at thejnet.com wrote:
> >>the discussion of Ijada's trial is interrupted by  a demon, wearing
> >>Ingrey's old enemy.  <snip>   and scared C's demon into
> >>hiding.  at which point C.  regained himself, and had to figure out what
> >>to do.
> >
> >Point of order - can't call Cumril a demon wearing an old enemy, since
> >Cumril's been in control since Boleso's death.
>
> true, but ingrey recognizes the demon before he realizes who the man is.

Ingrey recognizes the demon is there, but his first suspicion is that
he's a temple sorcerer.  It's not until Lewko doesn't recognize him
that Ingrey makes the leap to recognize him as Cumril.

I think we're hanging up on a technicality here - 'demon wearing an
old enemy' implies to me that the demon is in control.  And _no one_
gives any sign in the chapter that they ever suspect that the demon is
in control - they see an ordinary sorceror, with the human in control.

> darn, and i wanted to see ingrey in a fencing match :(

I don't think Ingrey fences - I would bet that when he draws steel,
all he cares about is winning, as quickly and with as little effort as
possible.  Now, if you want to learn dirty tricks, he's probably a
_wonderful_ source!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org