[LMB] HH chapter 15

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:43:43 BST 2006

On 5/5/06, Dan Tilque <dtilque at nwlink.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly sure he never said this about Ista. (that her soul is like a
> sword)

He did, too. Chapter 29, at the very end, he is talking to Ista:

"It has to do with the shape of your soul, not its worthiness. You have to
make a cup of yourself, to receive that pouring out. You are a sword. You
were always a sword. Like your mother and your daughter, too—steel spines
run in the women of your family."

So, there it is. He not only said _of_ her, he said it _to_ her!

He didn't say anything about them being unable to free Chalion from the
> curse since he didn't know that it would take a saint to do so.

Well, no. But, as is pointed out by a god in PoS, she was a tool in the
wrong hands...

I don't think Ista's will is all that sharp-edged.

Only where it matters (like the second drowning of dy Lutez) . And for a
long while she chose not to use it - because the curse spoiled all the good
qualities of people, and she preferred not doing anything to trying to do
something good and have it turn terrible on her.

Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.