[LMB] OT: Disney relationships

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:52:43 BST 2006

On 05/05/06, Dan Tilque <dtilque at nwlink.com> wrote:
> I once read a monograph pointing out the rather restricted set of
> releationships among the Disney characters. No one is married, no
> one is father or mother, son or daughter of another character.
> But there's lots of uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces.
> Furthermore, the uncles only have nephews and the aunts only have
> nieces. Brothers or sisters are usually identical triplets.

A quick scan through Wikipedia found some interesting stuff. The
article on Minnie Mouse <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnie_Mouse>
mentions her father, Marcus, and her unnamed mother; also her paternal
grandparents Marshall and Mathilda. (A bit of tunnelling reveals the
interesting snippet of trivia that the current "voice" of Minnie is
married to the "voice" of Mickey :-)

According to the article on Daisy Duck
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_Duck> Daisy's brother married
Donald's twin sister and became the parents of the triplets (Huey,
Dewey & Louie); the latter three were sent to live with Donald on a
temporary basis after blowing up their father with a fire-cracker and
never returned (another bit of trivia: there is a "fourth triplet"
nicknamed "Phooey" who occasionally slips in by accident
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phooey_Duck> :-).

HTH HAND
--
Phil