[LMB] OT: Disney relationships

Rachel Ganz rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk
Fri May 5 18:07:36 BST 2006

Pete wrote:
> Bambi had a mother and a father.  Dumbo had a mother.  Both are from
> the Walt Disney years.
 But what happened to them.

Standard fairy-tale role for mothers
a. get killed
b. get locked up

(Of course, this could be a deepp symbolic representation of the trapped and constrained life of the standard 1950's American ohousewfe and mother, but somehow, I think not....)

Is it my imagination or is there a general shortage of females in the Walt lifetime films?

Rachel

eleGanz technical writing and information design
rachel dot ganz at eleganz dot co dot uk

Brevity, clarity and cups of tea