[LMB] And You Thought The Universe Was Complicated BEFORE...

James khavrinen at gmail.com
Fri May 5 22:01:41 BST 2006

On 5/5/06, Alfred Kelgarries <alfredkelgarries at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From Slashdot:
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,,1768191,00.html
>
> Alfred Kelgarries

Interesting how often the "new" theories set forth by science have
been around in various science fictional forms for decades.  I know I
have at least a couple of novels on my shelves that use the Big
Bang/Big Collapse cyclical model of the universe that are 25-30 years
old.  Rather than a "new theory", this seems to me more like a model
that adapts some new data to an old theory.  But I suppose that
wouldn't be as catchy for the headline writers.

James (Khavrinen)