[LMB] Re: HH ch 14

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:23:49 BST 2006

Tony Z:

> There are times when justice is a terrible thing... the gods of Chalion
> seem to be into offering mercy when it's possible.  Consider the
> Dratsab's approach to Joena and her demon at the climax of HH.

Which is why I find it really interesting that Ijada's cry is for justice,
rather than mercy, contrasted to Cazaril, who says that we would be fools to
pray for justice.

Upon reflection, I decided that was probably due to their differences in age
and experiences, but still find it very interesting.  I wonder what Ingrey's
take was on justice and mercy at the end of HH, compared to at the
beginning.

Katrina

--
To err is human.  To really screw things up requires a computer.

Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.
Lois McMaster Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_