[LMB] OT: Jane Austen

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 07:41:38 BST 2006

On 5/14/06, Thomas Vinson <t.vinson at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> http://www.austenblog.com/
>
> I have a feeling that there are many on the list who would find this page
> interesting.

Definitely thank you. Among other things, it reminded me that I would like
to keep the progress of "Becoming Jane" in sight, I _would_ like to watch
that... :))

It's just dangerous - I very recently came out of the phase "watching almost
no movies that were not based on Jane Austen works", I can backslide... :)

On the other hand, I plunged out of it into a "Peter Pan" phase (by watching
the 2003 film, which I will watch again, as soon as I get "Hook" too, so I
can gorge myself on a full night of Neverland). I though Wendy nice, Hook
brilliant, and Peter was just... perfect, I don't think I can find a fitter
word. Of course, it was Hollywood-ised, but that's only natural, and they
made up for it with a nice dose of cross-referencing other works (I almost
tipped over my chair when I saw E.T... well, sort of "saw")

Anyway, thanks again for the Austen blog link :) I think I may go back to
watching the Ang Lee Pride and Prejudice... in a couple of days...

Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.