[LMB] (news and chat) Italian Interview

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Mon May 15 17:25:39 BST 2006

Hiya --

    An Italian journalist has done an interview of me, now up on the web
in the original English and the Italian translation.

http://www.giampietrostocco.it

http://www.alternatehistory.co.uk

He also writes:  "If you take a look to the second site, you'll see that
main page is temporarily occupied by your
original interview in English. This portal will soon be organised as a
true mirror of the Italian one,
I mean in the graphic way. Interviews and articles will though be original.
Next days your interview will also be published by the site
http://www.fantascienza.com
which is the first Italian web resource for science fiction. ...

Ciao!

Giampietro"

     By which I gather this stuff will shift around and be replaced by
newer articles in due course.

    The Web is really cracking the information and language barriers
between countries; my foreign publishing used always to be rather a
blank to me.  I would get an offer and eventually a contract through my
agent, sign it, and some years later author's copies of the books in
question might or might not show up, and that was it.   Now I not only
get e-mail from English-savvy foreign fans, but I get a peek at the
publishers as well through their websites -- I'm thinking of the French
comics site someone spotted for me the other day, ferex, which will
eventually be doing the  _The Warrior's Apprentice_ graphic novelization:

http://www.soleil-lesite.com/index.php

    Now, instead of just being a mysterious or daunting name on a
contract, the company has a whole personality.

    Ta, L.