[LMB] (news and chat) Italian Interview

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Mon May 15 18:44:25 BST 2006

Interesting interview!

I liked the sentence: "Space has become utilitarian
rather than a refuge for the romantic."

I wonder if this is true, and to what extent. I was a
latecomer to science fiction, and it has never seemed
very romantic to me; though some books manage to touch
my sense of romance and they're the ones I gravitate
towards.

I liked also the description of writing methodology,
especially: "Making up the story and writing down the
story are, for me, two separate activities calling for
two different states of mind. Creation needs
relaxation; composition is intensely focused."

namaste,
Elizabeth