[LMB] HH chapter 16

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon May 15 20:15:12 BST 2006

At 11:27 AM 5/15/2006, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>Chapter 16: In which Wencel shows Ingrey the tragic
>progression of his many lives.
>
>Ah, so Wencel was the hallow king of the Wealding who
>was thrown into the mass grave to die with all his
>people on top of him.  And be reborn, and reborn....
>In search of  a victory that never came.
>
>So presumably in the course of this story it will
>come, in some unanticipated form.
>
>And Ingrey is his heir.  Interesting link of spirit
>and genetics.

At this point, I was horrified.  Consider what has happened to every
other heir:  Personality subsumed by the Hallow King.  A kind of
early death, one could say.

>Ingrey hates the gods. Are the five gods the same as
>the gods of the Wealdings?

I didn't get that impression at all.

And I think Ingrey may be coming to grips, after the revalations of
this chapter, with the fact that he is sundered from the gods as he is now.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net