[LMB] (news and chat) Italian Interview

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Mon May 15 21:26:00 BST 2006

Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
> I'm thinking of the French comics site someone spotted for me the
> other day, ferex, which will eventually be doing the  _The Warrior's
> Apprentice_ graphic novelization:
>
> http://www.soleil-lesite.com/index.php
>
> Now, instead of just being a mysterious or daunting name on a
> contract, the company has a whole personality.

They have a very successful line of fantasy graphic novels (better than
comic books as a translation for "bande dessinée", I guess). I think
(might be way out of date) that _Lanfeust De Troy_ was their best
selling title.

Their artwork is usually good, although I must say that my tastes are
apparently not very much in line with US ones. I loved Gaiman's Sandman,
but hated most of the artwork (the only exception was the one before
last, and a few segments of multiple stories books here and there).

Agnes