[LMB] Re: Birthday wishes

Robin Anderson robin.anderson at paradise.net.nz
Sat May 13 04:47:58 BST 2006

> From: "Jim Parish" <jparish at siue.edu>
> [The stout fellow wanders onto the stage, a bit aimlessly, with Murphy
> padding at his side. In place of his usual academic robes, he is wearing
> a ragged bathrobe. At center stage, he pauses and scratches his head
> thoughtfully.]
>
> Hmm. There's something I'm forgetting.
>
> [One of the ubiquitous flying humanoids darts onto the stage and
> buzzes at him urgently. He listens intently, then nods. The humanoid
> flits away.]
>
> Ah, yes. Today we celebrate two listie birthdays. The first, in order of
> seniority, is that of longtime listmember Robin Anderson. Robin is one
> of our kiwi contingent, and though he has had little to say of late, we
> still remember and miss him. (You there, Robin?) He turns 51 today (or,
> more likely, yesterday - drat that IDL!); let's hope that the day has gone
> (or went) happily, in the midst of friends and family.

Thank you Jim,
I had a great birthday. My mother is down from Auckland for a few days - her
birthday is tomorrow the 18th. No books(I am waiting for Lois's book to
appear) but CDs and good friends and meals and wine.
I had a sudden offer of a place to stay in Tokyo with friends who will be
going back to Australia soon, so it looks like I may be visiting there at
the end of July - still to be confirmed.
Thank you all for your best wishes. You have been very quiet recently too.
Must be all that warm weather - winter has arrived here and we have had cold
winds and rain.
Cheers and thank you for the birthday wishes. I do love this list even if I
am mainly a lurker.
Robin in Wellington NZ