[LMB] OT: New England flood

Patricia A. Swan zafaran at sff.net
Wed May 17 16:24:36 BST 2006

At 06:18 PM 5/16/2006, Paula Lieberman wrote:
>One thing about New England is that it is not flat, and that
>the weather one place, can be quite different from three miles
>away.... it
>depends on location, location, location.

It gets a bit ironic when they force you to have flood insurance
because of where you are in town relative to linear distance
from the river, but the only way you could get touched is if
there is a flood of Biblical proportions.  I'm not sure if even
a dam break up stream would put enough water through here to get
up to my house since I'm hundreds of feet above the river.

Pat in North Carolina

--
* Patricia A. Swan  zafaran at sff.net  zafaran at fastmail.fm *
* AIM:  zafaran                 yahoo: zafaranswan       *