[LMB] OT: K. J. Parker

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu May 18 23:16:29 BST 2006

On 18/05/06, Azalais Aranxta <tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006, Phil Boswell wrote:
> > On 18/05/06, Rachel Ganz <rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > > I've just discovered K.J. Parker's "The fencer trilogy". 1st
> > > volume in my local library. Any opions? I'm enjoying it.
> > Hope you have a strong stomach...that series pulls no punches whatsoever.
> > Absolutely none.
> > I just want to make sure you know...
> It would be more helpful if I knew exactly what this meant.  Are
> we talking blood, guts and gore, s*xual violence, torture, or
> what?

No sex that I recall. I'm not entirely clear about the torture...it's
a while since I read it. The other stuff...yes.

If you want me to tell you the particular thing that happens which
creeped me out, I can mail off-list: I am however about to drive to
Cardiff tomorrow, returning Saturday, so there might be some delay.

Maybe somebody else can tell you if you want the information quicker.
--
Phil