[LMB] OT: K. J. Parker

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Fri May 19 02:15:26 BST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:33:38 +0200 (CEST), Rachel Ganz <rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

> I've just discovered K.J. Parker's "The fencer trilogy". 1st volume in my
> local library. Any opions? I'm enjoying it.

> Further to that. Can a librarian among  the list members explain why vol 1
> of the trilogy is in the local library, vol. 2 is 10 miles away, and vol 3.
> is 9 miles in the opposite direction. I just think how irritating it must be
> for members of communities 2 and 3.

I love Parker's work. I picked up on him while I was looking for Kage Baker books; couldn't put him down!

He's got two newer trilogies as well: "Scavenger": _Shadow_, _Pattern_, and _Memory_; and "The Engineer": _Devices and Desires_, volume 2 eagerly awaited.

Quote:

'The quickest way to a man's heart,' said the instructor, 'is
proverbially through his stomach. But if you want to get into his brain,
I recommend the eye-socket.'

Fencing-master, of course.

--
B. Ross Ashley