[LMB] OT: K. J. Parker

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Fri May 19 02:26:57 BST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 14:58:34 -0700 (PDT), Azalais Aranxta
<tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:

> It would be more helpful if I knew exactly what this meant.
> Are we talking blood, guts and gore, s*xual violence, torture,
> or what?

A utilitarian attitude on the part of the protagonist to most of the above ... I don't recall much particularly sexual, but the politics remind me rather of Justinian.

Turteltaub's Justinian, that is, Justinian II. Serious political badassery, played for blood, guts, burned-out farms, mutual massacre with horse barbarians, and sacked cities. And no good guys, despite first impressions.

--
B. Ross Ashley
http://www.brashley46.livejournal.com