[LMB] OT: New England flood

James Reynolds jwreynold at earthlink.net
Fri May 19 17:46:15 BST 2006

> At 06:18 PM 5/16/2006, Paula Lieberman wrote:
>> One thing about New England is that it is not flat, and that
>> the weather one place, can be quite different from three miles
>> away.... it
>> depends on location, location, location.
>
> It gets a bit ironic when they force you to have flood insurance
> because of where you are in town relative to linear distance
> from the river, but the only way you could get touched is if
> there is a flood of Biblical proportions.  I'm not sure if even
> a dam break up stream would put enough water through here to get
> up to my house since I'm hundreds of feet above the river.
>
> Pat in North Carolina

	Yes, but you'll be ready for gl0bal w at rming!

	My end of CT had no problems to speak of;

	 but my sister and brother-in-law had to drive through two days of
rain to return to Virginia from St. Louis, where we gathered to see my
oldest nephew get married.

	***   JIm reynolds

:Kizinti Diplomatic Corps/ Let's do lunch" - Larry Niven