[LMB] Birthdays

Jim Parish jparish at siue.edu
Sat May 20 00:48:57 BST 2006

[The curtain rises; the stout fellow in academic robes stands stage
center. There are no dogs or flying things in sight.]

Once again today, my friends, we celebrate two birthdays - or perhaps
one-and-a-half.

Mark Eddy turns thirty-six today. Mark's been rather quiet for quite a
while, and understandably so; he's been having a rough couple of
years. (I'm sure many of you will remember the details.) I hope you'll
join me in wishing him peace, healing, and - if only for this day - joy.

Jim Davis may have been born on this day, some fifty-two years ago; I
understand there's some dispute on that subject. Here's hoping that
he's having the kind of day that can only be appreciated by a
synesthesian (synesthesiac?) wanna-be null-G dancer!

Jim, Mark, happy birthday, and may the prayers and thoughts of the list
be reflected in your lives!