[LMB] OT: missing books

Laura Gallagher celticdragonfly at gmail.com
Sat May 20 00:57:10 BST 2006

> One day I got kinda
> fed up with that state of affairs and asked the li-
> brarian on duty what the deal was.  He explained that
> the vast majority of the paperbacks were all donated
> and the rest were bought at hugely discounted prices
> from places that handle remaindered books and what-
> not.  So if they had a big donation where the own-
> er wanted to keep a certain book, or perhaps the
> wholesaler only GOT certain copies, then that's all
> that they had.

Hey, that's actually pretty good.  At least they'll LET people donate
books.  The local Saginaw library is very disappointed.  I offered to
donate some books - and was told that if I did so, they'd toss them
into the donated books bin in the back, where people can come paw
through them and buy them from the library for a quarter or so.

This is one of the reasons I do all my librarying with the Fort Worth system.

Laura Gallagher