[LMB] RE: OT: missing books

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sat May 20 15:36:41 BST 2006

Considering libraries only having part of a series, DON'T forget to ask if
there's a proceedure for buying books requested by patrons. The selection
people may give weight to the fact that people wanna read it badly enough to
ask for it. Also point out the system already owns part of the series, the
series is good, hugely popular, well reviewed, etc. And the author has won
awards, etc. I've a list of authors I check the catalog for. If their newest
isn't listed, I ask for it, and I'll bet I'm not the only one doing this.
Earlier this spring I requested Linsdsey Davis' _See Delphi and Die_ and the
computer now lists it as on order. 2/3 of the stuff I have holds on are
things that are on order, and a couple of them are things I'd requested.
Maybe my request made the difference on getting them.
Anyone want to bet all 9 items make it through processing/cataloging all at
once and are ready for pickup on the same day?

Kevin
Who spent her birthday loot ordering books, I'm hoping they get here for a
long Memorial Day weekend of reading. With a break for the BIG parade on
Sat.