[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Laundry

Katrina Knight kknight at epix.net
Sun May 21 21:54:00 BST 2006

At 04:37 PM 5/21/2006 Azalais Aranxta wrote:
>On Sun, 21 May 2006 Jennifer.L.Smith.1 at asu.edu wrote:
> > And we've known for at least a century that sunlight kills
> > bacteria: I hang my laundry up on a clothesline in the
> sun--go
> > solar power!
>
>It also fades colours, though; it'd be a good thing to do with
>whites, but I'd think it'd shorten the life of bright coloured
>clothes quite a bit?

Given that I have shirts that are at least ten years old and
regularly dried in the sun, I don't think that sunlight shortens
the life of cotton clothing. I won't comment on synthetics,
since I rarely wear them. Drying in a gas dryer definitely
shortens the life of anything with elastic in it though. (Gas
dryers tend to be hotter than electric dryers in my experience.)

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at epix.net