[LMB] Pronunciations

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 05:41:26 BST 2006

On 5/22/06, Kalina Varbanova <kikibug13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm. I admit it may be my ignorance - I just hadn't heard anybody using an
> "i" sound before the "r" in Barrel, nor an "a" sound after the "r". Which
> isn't saying much - I haven't lived all _that_ long in an English-speaking
> country, and I am well aware I have heard but a small fraction of - yes, I
> know, dialects.

(I think I should clarify that my assumption is - those pronounciations are
descriptive (Ah + Ih + R + ah + l) rather than combinative (AIR, as in
breathing air, + al, as in palsy, or pal). If the second were the case, I
see your point (I still think the "al" would differ from barrel in that
case, though).

Greetings:
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.