[LMB] RE: OT: missing books

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Wed May 31 09:46:37 BST 2006

On 20/05/06, Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Considering libraries only having part of a series, DON'T forget to ask if
> there's a proceedure for buying books requested by patrons.

Even if there is, it sometimes sucks rocks.

I tried requesting the second in Tanya Huff's Shadows series,
confident that since it was published in mid-2005 I'd be fine,
especially since I had just borrowed the first.

Well, I was SOL to borrow a phrase. See the copy of Book#1 I had read
was the UK MMPB and Book#2 in that format is not due until December
2006. So the unspeakable dratsab pillocks in acquisitions have decided
that nobody can have it until the "cheap" version gets published.

So I have to wait more than a year...and what's worse is that when
that MMPB comes out, I will BUY IT FOR MYSELF. So I don't even get the
benefit of borrowing it from the Library before I can afford it...and
neither does anybody else.

Now I'm busy waiting to see if they try to pull the same slimy trick
with the latest Harry Dresden book, and searching for the requisite
details for the "Sharing Knife" so I can put them to the torture once
again...;-)
--
Phil