[LMB] Football on Barrayar [Was: Sports on Barrayar]

John Campbell Rees jwcr at gardd-lelog.org.uk
Sun Oct 1 11:43:53 BST 2006

To my mind Barrayar was an European colony, with Russia, Britian,
France and Greece being the main sponsor countries. the predoninant
version of  Football  played there would therefore be Association
Football, given its dominance in present day Europe.  However, given
the British influence, I definitely see Rugby Football, both the
League and Union variants being played (since the 1990's when
professionalism was introduced into Rugby Union, there has been a move
towards Union being the Winter game and League being the Summer game,
which will probably continue on Barrayar).

John.

--
"Like shooting flies with  a laser cannon, the aims a bit tricky, but
 it certainly deals with the flies."     -     Lord Miles Vorkosigan.
To read my Web Log visit http://www.gardd-lelog.org.uk