Flat sidewalks and Re: [LMB] OT: Walking to school

louann at millerdome.com louann at millerdome.com
Mon Oct 16 13:52:33 BST 2006

Sylvus Tarn wrote:

And no, I don't want to hear about room-darkening curtains.  I have
circadian rhythms for a reason, and I like sun shining in to wake me up.
(end quote)

At least in this one aspect, I think you'd like living out in the country.
I'm in much the same position as was mentioned upthread except that I
drive 10 minutes to anything and more like 20 to stores, doctors, and
other amenities. With a house in the middle of a 10+ acre place (you could
get away with about 5 acres if it's not close to a main road) you could
not only leave shades open but in temperate weather the windows
themselves.

It's also great for backyard astronomy. (Contemplate a sentence which was
going to give the diameter of Russ' hobby telescope, glance in Marna's
virtual direction, refrain.)

Although ironically most country people have a 'guard light' on all night
ranging from an ordinary porch light to an approximation of a city-grade
street light.