[LMB] OT: Irene (re HH ch 23)

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:48:36 BST 2006

On 9/5/06, Peter H. Granzeau <pgranzeau at cox.net> wrote:
> Hah.  I thought "Carmen Sandiego" was male!  Bizet notwithstanding
> (Hell, he didn't even know what to call a bull fighter, and coined
> the word "toreador", evidently out of "torero" and "matador").

IIRC, when I was in the USA (1997/98), there was a PC game "Where in
the USA is Carmen Sandiego" - I really liked playing it, but then, it
was the first game I had seen, after Tetris... I hadn't had much
access to computers till them. In that game, Carmen Sandiego was
female, which sort of made sense to me (she was always dressed in red,
too).

Kalina
--
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.