[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Hair color and perceptions of it.

The Sundance Kid bobug at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 17:54:00 BST 2006

I'm not sure... but my hair's always been auburn, and I started getting
white hairs at 16. Now? my lighter hair bleaches in the sun rapidly,
and the white makes it look lighter... (people think I have lots of
blonde highlights, until I wrap the hairs around my finger, and they
see it's 2/3 white, 1/3 reddish-blonde.

-Heather
Who got what our family calls "That Gene"

Jacki Knight <jacki at knightech.com.au>wrote:
On 30/08/2006, at 3:25 PM, Alex Y. Kwan wrote:
> Hmm, some strands of my hair sometimes turn coppery before going
> white. I wonder why...

I have fairly boring dark brown hair with hidden red bits. (My two
daughters are auburn and dark blonde respectively)

It is the individual red hairs that turn completely white on me these
days - I have no grey but then I'm only 45.