[LMB] OT: Evil kitten

James Nicoll jdnicoll at panix.com
Wed Sep 20 19:08:49 BST 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, H R Stockert wrote:

> At 12:21 PM 9/20/2006, you wrote:
>> And I add:
>> Our 2-year-old cat has taken to attacking without warning in the last 6
>> months or so.  He pounces on legs with claws out, drawing lots of blood,
>> and leaving bruises.  It seems to be what is called "misplaced
>> aggression" - it happens when something scares him (like if someone
>> stubs their toe and yells and/or swears loudly).  However it's very
>> unpleasant to say the least and any remedies would be welcomed.  He's a
>> strictly indoor cat and must remain so.
>
> I have a small one, gray tabby named "Nuggles" - appropriately, I might add.
> She was a *fierce* biter when started.  Feral.  Wandered in from outside and
> decided to stay.  She now doesn't break skin...........but I do have to
> remind her "no bite".......    You have to be quick, but they do learn.
> Loudly and sharply.  Bark it, but not shout.

 	My autistikitty like to very gently nip feet if he feels he has
been overlooked. I'm sure if he had thumbs the Earth would be doomed^H^H
he'd tug on my pants leg instead.

 	He also like to gently take fingertips between his front teeth. No
force, just holding it for fun. His social toolkit consists mostly of
these gentle nips, proding, sniffing and running into other cats at full
speed.

 	He also, and this is very odd for a cat, will look where you point
to and not at the tip of the finger involved.