[LMB] OT: its a sign...

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 7 01:10:30 BST 2007

At 07:18 PM 8/6/2007 Tzivia Adler wrote:
>where is everyone?

My library notified me this morning that they had a copy of
TSK:Legacy for me. Guess where I went this afternoon? Guess what
I've been doing since I got home? And what I'm going to return
to doing shortly? I am going to try hard not to stay up all
night reading though.

>today i passed the cigarrete counter at the grocery, with its
>sign, "we can't sell to you if you were born after this date in
>1989"

I can't think of any actual sign that really got my notice that
way, but I do find those particular signs a little disconcerting
at times. Even my college degree is old enough to smoke and
drink. On the other hand, I still have people occasionally
mistakenly think I'm young enough to be a student, so I can't
complain too much. A couple years ago I had an odd, but kind of
pleasing, conversation with a young man I met while visiting my
sister on campus. (She's 20 years younger than me.) He was
hitting on me a bit and rather insistent about not believing how
old I was. I'm not sure he ever believed me.

>ziviya, hereby announcing that white hair is from genetics

My sister claims to have started getting gray hairs in high
school. I have none. I wouldn't mind at all if my hair got
silver-white streaks in it like my mother's hair did. It isn't
happening though, and given that I'm way beyond when it started
happening to her, I don't think it will happen. She has spent
30-odd years trying to cover up the streaks that I think are so
pretty.

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm