[LMB] OT: its a sign...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Aug 7 22:28:59 BST 2007

Elizabeth said...

> I feel actually a little embarrassed about looking old like this when, as
> everyone who knows me
> can attest, I'm really only about 15 still and struggling to act like an
> adult.  My outward and
> inward realities don't match any more.

Mine haven't matched for years!

I am, slowly, growing up in my mind.  I spent a long time being 17, and then
I realised that I was probably about 23, and now I think I'm about 27.
(I'll actually be 38 on Sunday.)  I might manage, mentally, to hit 40 by the
time I die, but I'm not counting on it.

In fact, I think the only reason I think I'm as old as 27 is that I remember
so well how paralysingly shy I was at 17, and now I actually am capable of
going to social events where I know no-one and *not* hiding in the corner
going "waah, scary!"  (Though this ability still surprises me.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray