[LMB] OT: its a sign ...

Laura Gallagher celticdragonfly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:46:00 BST 2007

> what signpost ever showed you that you were older/younger than you
> thought?

I was just reminded not of when this was done to me, but when I did
this to someone else.

When I was in college, the Irish Rovers performed a concert at my
university.  I eagerly went, and managed to arrange - I can't remember
how - to get to go into the green room afterwards and meet the
performers.  I was talking to a couple of the gentlemen, and they were
being all friendly and smiling, until in an ill-placed burst of
enthusiasm, I confided to them, "I grew up with your music!"

Suddenly their faces fell, and I realized just how old I'd made them
feel.  I was 18, looked older, and by the way the one man's face
changed, I suspect he was subtly trying to hit on me until I said
that.

Ooops...

Laura Gallagher