[LMB] OT: its a sign...

Thomas Vinson t.vinson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 8 00:43:33 BST 2007

Mark Allums wrote:
> Louann Miller wrote:
>
>> what signpost ever showed you that you were older/younger than you
>> thought?
>

> Well, it's not a specific event, just the realization that I've beat
> Elvis.  I have lived longer than Mozart did,...

"It is a sobering thought, that when Mozart was my age he had
been dead for two years." -- Tom Lehrer
(I passed that point LONG ago.)

A couple of years ago the mother of a friend at work died, and I
realized that she (the mother) was younger than me.

Sobering in more ways than one.

The last person who showed me I was _younger_ than I thought was
the store manager who refused to sell me liquor back when I was
starting grad school.

Tom