[LMB] OT: its a sign...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Aug 8 18:46:24 BST 2007

Tom quoted...

> "It is a sobering thought, that when Mozart was my age he had
> been dead for two years." -- Tom Lehrer
> (I passed that point LONG ago.)

Hee!  I thought of that one too.  Yay for Tom Lehrer.

I actually used that line as my sig quote, the year it was true for me.

> The last person who showed me I was _younger_ than I thought was
> the store manager who refused to sell me liquor back when I was
> starting grad school.

The one and only time I've ever been IDed going into a pub was two weeks
before my 30th birthday.  (And no, it wasn't one with an unusually high age
limit.)  I laughed uproariously and they let me in.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray