[LMB] OT: Killing pregnant bunnies (was its a sign...

rillaspins at aol.com rillaspins at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 12:25:05 BST 2007

 Long ago, in my Mother's time and before, a pregnancy test consisted of injecting a rabbit with blood from the possible pregnant woman.? The rabbit was then killed a couple of days later and the ovaries examined.? If the eggs had reacted, then "The rabbit died" and the woman was pregnant.? For some reason, if the ovaries didn't react and there was no pregnancy, the rabbits demise was not recorded.? **shrug**? I remember my father teasing a friends wife about the rabbit dying when I was a pre teen.

There is an episode of M*A*S*H where Hot Lips thinks she might be pregnant, but doesn't want to loose her commission.? The borrow Radar's rabbit, Fluffy, but only remove the ovaries without killing her.? The final "kicker" scene is Radar teller her she can now safely co-habitat with the male bunny.

Ain't pee sticks grand?

Rilla