[LMB] Baby Boomers (was: Re: OT: its a sign ...)

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Fri Aug 10 01:52:28 BST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raye Johnsen" <raye_j at yahoo.com>

> --- Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:
>
> As one of the younger members of Generation X (who
> were born 1961-1980) born to older members of the Baby
> Boomers (1945-1960), my impression has not been that
> the BBs have resisted adulthood as much as they have
> resisted *age*.
>
> Even now, my parents (in their sixties) strenuously
> resist any hint, suggestion or implication that they
> might, possibly, for some reason, be considered
> 'senior citizens' or 'elderly'.  They will concede
> 'older'.  As will their contemporaries of my
> acquaintance.

My father used to complain about the "old f--ts" driving on the road in
Florida, in his late 80s and into his 90s ... when he was OLDER than a lot
of them!

"I don't remember growing older, when did they?" -- from Fiddler on the
Roof.

It's true for every generation.

Some people start saying, "I'm -old- somewhere in their 80s or beyond...