[LMB] LMB mention in New York Times and LISNews.org

Lois Aleta Fundis lfundis at weir.net
Fri Aug 10 08:17:26 BST 2007

LISNews is a blog about libraries, books, etc. (IIRC.it was the first
blog I ever subscribed to.)
Today's e-mail listing the current articles includes this summary of an
article in yesterday's New York Times, which mentions Lois among other
eminent authors::

| An Entire Bookshelf, in Your Hands                                 |
|   from the  dept.                                                  |
|   posted by Bibliofuture on Wednesday August 08, @23:48 (EPublicati|
|   http://lisnews.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/09/0354213               |

New York Times article, An Entire Bookshelf, in Your Hands

WHEN Paul Biba, a lawyer in Bernardsville, N.J., finds himself stuck
waiting, he likes to pull out his Nokia E61i cellphone and read one of
the 20 or so books he usually stores on it.

The virtual bookshelf in his pocket currently has science fiction like
"Falling Free" by Lois McMaster Bujold, all of the novels of Anthony
Trollope and Charles Dickens, "Eminent Victorians" by Lytton Strachey and
the September issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction.

"Once you get use to having books with you, you get use to reading in
places where it never occurred to you. If I'm waiting in line at the
supermarket counter, why not read one of my science fiction magazines?"
he said. "Believe it or not, I'll sit down in my chair at home, pull out
my phone and read a book." [0]Story continued here.

Discuss this story at:
    http://lisnews.org/comments.pl?sid=07/08/09/0354213

Links:
    0. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/09/technology/circuits/09basics.html?8dpc