[LMB] LMB mention in New York Times and LISNews.org

paal at gis.net paal at gis.net
Fri Aug 10 13:59:24 BST 2007

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Lois Aleta Fundis wrote:
> > New York Times article, An Entire Bookshelf, in Your Hands
> >
> > WHEN Paul Biba, a lawyer in Bernardsville, N.J., finds himself stuck
> > waiting, he likes to pull out his Nokia E61i cellphone and read one
> > of the 20 or so books he usually stores on it.
> >
> Meh, he's a slacker. I have almost the entire baen library I own
> crammed  onto a 4gig chip with the total list of vorkosiverse and the
> harrington  series resident in my treo 650. Somewhere on the close
> order of 200 books. --

However, the article undoubtedly is trying to use a "normal" person as
the Typical Reader, instead of those who raise the average Amerian's
annual book consumption to one book a year.... sort of like going to the
fellow paired with Miles in the "the instructors are going to virtually
kill you" scenario as typical fellow at the military academy, rather
than using Miles as representative.