[LMB] Accents in TSK

Bear Master bearmaster0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 03:18:58 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com>
Date: Aug 11, 2007 8:48 AM
Subject: [LMB] Accents in TSK
To: "lois- >> Bujold chat list" <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>,
"LordV at yahoogroups.com"
<LordV at yahoogroups.com>

So...

   A poster on Baen's Bar, where a really interesting and substantive
discussion of TSK is presently going on, remarked that in his (English)
head, he "heard" Dag and Fawn speaking with, of all things, East Anglian
accents.  (I'm not sure I even know what and East Anglian accent is.)
Which leads to the question: how do the rest of you "hear" these and
other characters speaking?  Did my reading in the recent radio interview
surprise you, and if so, in what way?

Curious, L.

Humm, "Amish" is the closest I can come to how the Farmers sound in my
head.  The Lakewakers are closer to Standard American, but with a slight
trace of Rom