[LMB] virus or exploit

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Sun Aug 12 23:45:46 BST 2007

On Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 8:01 AM, I <iosef at gothic.net.au>
wrote:

> I fear that someone on this list has an exploit on their
> computer. I
> just got a bounce notice spoofed from my address to
> ioseph at locksley.com. Just about everybody likely to have

</lurk>

Someone, somewhere, either has/had an exploit on their
computer or some spammer figured out a way to harvest
addresses from the archive, because I receive spam at this
address everyday and I *only* use this address to
communicate with the list (except I occasionally use it to
communicate directly with listies). If I did not have a
decent Bayesian filter in place (thank you to whoever on the
list recommended PopFile http://popfile.sourceforge.net/), I
would either be tearing my hair out or using a new address
for the list every few months.

-- Michael

<lurk...>